Classes in Standard/Latin
- Beginner: Mondays 17:15-19:15 Building 210
- Intermediate: Mondays 19:30-21:30 Building 208
Elegance of ballroom dancing!
10 dances exists in standard/latin – 5 latin and 5 standard style dances.
Our teaching in standard/latin include the 2 standard dances Waltz and Tango and the 2 latin dances ChaChaCha and Rumba.
The standard dances:
- Waltz, also referred to as English Waltz or Slow Waltz, is a slow and graceful dance.
- Quick step, also referred to as Quick Foxtrot, is a fun and lively dance.
- Tango is a beautiful and graceful dance with a characteristic staccato rhythm. The ballroom dance should be distinguished from Argentine Tango.
The latin dances:
- Cha cha cha is a energetic dance with Cuban origin.
- Rumba very sensual dance coming from Cuba.
- Jive is a lively and vivid dance originating from USA.
Join our standard/latin Facebook groupOur Facebook: DTU DancIngStandard/Latin
Join the Facebook group to keep in touch with other dancers in your course, but don’t forget to sign up for the class on the website.